Find A Location
Receive Our E-Newsletter
Managing your money can be difficult, and so can college, but financing your education doesn’t have to be as hard as you think. If you need a loan, we’re here to help.
Where to begin?
To start, we encourage you to work with your college financial aid office. They're the best source of information on available federal and state financial aid sources (including grants, loans, and other forms of financial aid) for which you may qualify.
Federal aid programs
Financial aid programs for students usually require completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). You can complete this form online at www.fafsa.ed.gov. If you still need for additional college financing after completing the FAFSA process, Independent Bank offers financing options.
The Independent Bank* Smart Option Student Loan® by Sallie Mae®
For borrowers attending degree-granting institutions.
Now you can pay for college the smart way with three great repayment options and competitive interest rates! The loan is an ideal solution to help you pay for college expenses not covered by scholarships and federal loans.
The Smart Option Student Loan features and benefits:
- We offer a choice of competitive fixed and variable interest rates providing even more choice and flexibility
- No origination fees and no prepayment penalty
- Multiple in-school repayment options available
- Borrower benefits available – like rewards and interest rate reductions
- Rates that reward creditworthy borrowers
- Applying with a creditworthy cosigner may help you qualify and/or receive a lower rate
- 24/7 online account management
To learn more or to apply, get started here.
Additional financing options
Home equity loan or personal loan.
- A home equity loan allows you to borrow money secured by the equity in your home to cover college tuition, and the interest may even be tax deductible.
- A personal loan can also help with college expenses, just ask us how.
- To see the benefits and for more information about these options, click here or call us at 800.285.3111.
Normal Credit standards and restrictions apply. Consult your tax advisor regarding deductibility of interest.
*Independent Bank does not take applications for Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loans®, which are made by Sallie Mae Bank.
Independent Bank is compensated for the referral of Sallie Mae Smart Option Student Loan® customers.