With PeoplePay, you can pay the easy way by sending and receiving person-to-person payments right from online or mobile banking. It’s free, and all you need to participate is a checking account, access to our consumer online banking site, or use our Independent Mobile app. Simply log into your account and follow the instructions in the FAQs below to sign up.
Depending on the payment method you choose, you would need one of the following options for your payee: email address, mobile phone number, bank account number, or address.
PeoplePay gives you a fast, safe way to send and receive money as easily as you send and receive email or text messages. This secure electronic payments system offers you the ability to pay people without the hassle of writing checks or handling cash. You can use it to:
- Reimburse your roommates for rent and other expenses.
- Send your niece or nephew a cash birthday gift.
- Pay back the friend you owe for lunch or concert tickets.
- Pay your babysitter, landscaper, or piano teacher.
- Send money to almost anyone who has an email address or mobile phone number.