GreenPath budgeting and money management tools
At Independent Bank, we are committed to equipping Michigan families with the tools needed to make healthy financial decisions now and in the future. Because it’s never too late to start learning about money management, budgeting and clean credit living, we have partnered with GreenPath, Inc. to offer financial education tools. GreenPath offers you free access to money management and financial education services. As a customer of Independent Bank, you can receive assistance with:
- Personal and family budgeting
- Understanding your personal credit score and how to improve your score
- Personal money management
- Debt repayment
- Dealing with job loss
- Avoiding bankruptcy, foreclosure and repossession
- Planning for a first home purchase
To use this service, simply call 1.877.337.3399 or visit the GreenPath website.
- This easy-to-use software free tool helps you manage your money more effectively. Use the program to:
- Establish a budget
- Track spending
- View tips for improving areas of overspending or inadequate saving
- Experiment with “what if” scenarios to determine how a major purchase or change in income would impact your budget
Download Budget Smart software free of charge, and you’re on your way to creating your own personalized budget!
CheckRight is a Web-based checking account management education module designed to give you the tools you need to manage a checking account. Use CheckRight if you are looking to open a checking account for the first time or you have had difficulty handling an account in the past. Among other things, CheckRight will help you learn how to:
- Open an account
- Write checks
- Make deposits
- Maintain a check register
- Reconcile an account
- Create a spending plan
CheckRight is a self-study program that allows you to learn at your own pace. Once you have read through the chapters, you will be directed to a quiz that will test your knowledge on checking accounts. You will be able to view the results and you have the option to send the results to the bank via e-mail.
Check your credit report
To request a copy of your credit report, visit the Annual Credit Report website.
Money Matters website
The Federal Trade Commission (FTC), the nation’s consumer protection agency, created a website to help individuals tackle some money issues head-on. To find tips and resources on money matters, visit the Money Matters website.