Find A Location
Join our email list
Send a Secure Email
Your privacy is important to us. In order to protect your information, all email communication you receive from Independent Bank containing personally identifiable financial information will be secured through ZixCorp encryption services. This email encryption service makes it easy for you to receive, read, and reply to all our encrypted communications.
Why secure email?
Internet email is inherently a nonsecure communication channel. Since confidentiality cannot be guaranteed, standard Internet email should not be used to exchange sensitive or private information such as social security numbers, bank account numbers, and financial statements.
How secure email works
All messages are sent to a secure data center where they’re held for you to retrieve. You’ll receive a notification that a secure message is waiting to be retrieved. The notification message will contain a link to the Independent Bank secure portal.
Creating your account
If this is the first time you’re accessing the secure email portal, you’ll be prompted to create an account. Enter your email address and create a password to establish your account. You will use this password each time you log in to the Independent Bank secure email portal. A confirmation message will be sent to the email address you entered. To complete the account set up process, click the link in the confirmation email. You may now begin using your Independent Bank secure email portal account.
Retrieving a secure email
- To retrieve the email, click the link contained in the notification message.
- When the login screen appears, you will be prompted to enter your email address and password.
- Once logged in, you can read your secure message, download it to your computer, or send a secure reply message.
Sending a secure message
- Go to the Independent Bank secure portal.
- When the login screen appears, enter your email address and password where prompted.
- Once logged in, you can create a new secure message by clicking the “Compose” tab.
How to access
To access the secure email portal, select Independent Bank secure portal.
Not sure what to do?
Our online tutorial will help answer your questions.